Fall 2017 Newsletter
Please download and read the Fall 2017 Newsletter from Flight Performing Arts (14MB). Includes schedule and locations for upcoming 2018 dance competitions.
Second Annual Dance in the Park After Dark!
Flight Performing Arts News and Events
SAVE THE DATES!
- Aug. 8-10, 2:30-5:30pm---Back-to-dance camp in Louisville
- Aug. 14-25. Back-to-school. No dance classes. (Flash mob rehearsals TBA)
- Aug. 25-26. Grand Opening/Open House in Louisville. Free food, classes, and demos!
- Aug. 26, 9:30-11:30am. Flight dancers perform on the Farmers Market stage, followed by our flash mob dancing to "We can't stop the Beat" from Hairspray-- with CSTC. Everyone is encouraged to dance in the Flash Mob!
- Aug. 28-- First day of Flight Performing Arts fall semester. Please register in advance!
- Aug. 28 -- Sept. 1: FREE FLIGHT CLASSES at the Superior Sport Stable.
- Sept. 4-- Labor Day Parade in downtown Louisville. Flight dancers will have their own entry. Please join us to march and dance in this fun parade!
- later in September-- the 2nd annual Dark in the Park! Details coming soon.
Congratulations to our competitive dancer Samantha Dowd who won a first place at the Denver Celebration Dance competition as well as a title “Dancer of the Year” which landed her in a spot to perform in the opening number at Nationals in Wisconsin Dells in July. Samantha participated in an intensive week of training with the top dancers in the nation, rehearsing five hours a day. Samantha placed 6th overall in the nation for her solo “Stand in the Light”.
Samantha is the second Flight dancer to be awarded the title of “Dancer of the Year”. Elle Taylor competed and performed in Celebration Nationals in 2016.
February 2017 Newsletter!
The February 2017 Newsletter contains several recent photographs of our students and news about upcoming recitals and competitions. You can download the Newsletter here. (right-click to "save link as" on your computer)
Miss Julie and Miss Kathe would like to extend their best wishes for a very Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Happy Holidays to all!
We have been so pleased to watch the development of Flight Performing Arts and are excited to watch its continued growth in 2017! We couldn’t do it without the enthusiasm of our dancers and tumblers and the support of our parents— Thank you so much! Please enjoy this time off with your families and--We will see you all back again in January for more dance and tumbling fun!
Classes resume Tuesday, January 3, 2017.
We thought our holiday show with Broomfield Academy was a great success and our dancers performed fabulously! We are so proud of each and every one of you!
Broomfield Days Parade
Saturday September 17
All Flight Performing Arts students are encouraged to walk and dance with us in the parade!
Look for more information soon.
Dark in the Park
Glow in the dark -- Dance in the park!
September 24, 7:00 to 8:30 pm
Community Park, Broomfield
Flight Performing Arts is on Facebook
Like Us on Facebook!
Flight Performing Arts is on Facebook now. (Click icon above to go to our page.) We'll be updating our Facebook page with news and more informal pictures and videos. Say "hi" when you stop by! And don't forget to Like Us!
Dance Improv Competition
Announcing the first Open Improve Dance Competition at Louisville's Farmers Market, August 27, 9:00 to 10:30am.
We pick the music... you pick the moves!
Fun and Free! Performed on the Steinbaugh Stage.
(Ages 5 to 15 years old please)
See you there!
August 8-11, 1 to 5 pm
Flight Performing Arts will hold a Dance Camp for 5-12 year olds in August. Click here for a flier with more information.